Ghana Christian University College.
Established in June 1966 as Ghana Christian University College and Seminary by Mr. Gerald A. Gibson, with the aim of adding “strong, trained biblically based leadership to the future of the spiritual and independent churches in Ghana with no seminaries of their own.”
Accreditation And Affiliation.
The university was granted approval for the Ghana Christian College and Seminary to change its status to a University College by the National Accreditation Board(NAB) on 29th March, 2007.
GhanaCU is affiliated to the following institutions;
- Akrofi Christeller Institute (Akropong) for the School of Theology.
- University of Mines (Tarkwa) and University of Development Studies for the School of Science and Technology Programs.
- Allied Health Professionals Council for GCUC Allied Health Programs.
- University of Development Studies (Tamale) for the School of Development Management.
- Nurses and Midwifery Council of Ghana (NMC) for GCUC Nursing Program.
- National Association for Professional and Technical Examinations (NABPTEX) for Diploma and HND Programs.
Ghana Christian University College Faculties.
The school’s main faculty was The School of Theology. Now, it has many other faculties. They are as follows;
- School of Theology and Ministry.
- School of Science and Technology.
- School of Development Management.
- Department of Health and Allied Sciences.
- Department of Business Studies.
- School of Professional Studies.
GhanaCU Undergraduate Programmes.
- Surveying and Geo-information.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Green Energy Engineering.
- Information Technology and Systems.
- Accounting and finance.
- Human resource management.
- Marketing, advertising and public relations.
- Computing and information processing.
- Journalism and Media Studies.
- Tourism and Business Studies.
- Professional computer engineering.
- Professional HIV/AIDS management.
- Professional Public Health.
- Professional Community Development.
- Health Information Management.
- Secretarial and Management Studies.
- Hospitality Management.
- NGO Management.
- Ministerial Studies.
- Development Management.
Entry Requirements To Ghana Christian University College.
- SSCE and WASSCE Applicants:
This set of applicants must have grade “A” to “D” or “A” to “C6” in three elective subjects and three core subjects. The core subjects must include Mathematics and English Language.
- General Certificate of Education (Ordinary and Advance Level):
Applicants with this certification must have at least three credit passes in their elective subjects and the same in their core subjects in the GCE ‘Level exams. The core subjects must include Mathematics, English Language and a science subject for non-science students and art subject for science students. In addition, the applicant must have passes in three subjects and at least one of the passes must be grade ‘D’ or better.
- GBCE and ABCE Applicants (General and Advance Business Certificate Exams): These set of applicants must hold at least five credit passes in their General Business Certificate Exams (GBCE). These must include credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and either social studies or integrated science. In addition, applicants must have three passes in their Advance Business Certificate Exams (ABCE), at least one of the passes must be a credit pass.
- Matured Applicants:
Matured applicants must:
- Be at least 25 years old. Show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least five years old at the time of application.
- Have credit passes in Mathematics and English Language or write and pass the matured entrance exams organized by Ghana Christian University. Note: The matured route does not apply to the BSc Nursing Program.
- Show a letter of attestation or documentary evidence.
- Foreign Applicants:
Applicants from the ECOWAS states must have six credit passes including credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science. Countries in the sub-region who do not do integrated science must have a credit pass in further mathematics if they want to enroll on the BSc Nursing Program.
Certificates from Francophone Countries within the sub-region and all other African countries, Europe and America must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for translation.
- Higher National Diploma and Diploma Admissions:
Applicants for higher national diploma programs are required to have grade A to D in three core subjects including Mathematics and English Language and grade A to C6 in three elective subjects.
Applicants for diploma programs are required to have grade A to D in three core subjects including Mathematics and English Language and grade A to C6 in two elective subjects.
- Professional Programmes.
Prospects for professional programs are required to have grade A1 to E8 in Five subjects. This should include at least two credit passes in any two subjects. This applies to all professional programs under ICM-UK (Institute of Commercial Management), ABMA-UK (Association of Business Managers and Administration-UK) and other non-tertiary programmes.
Applicants with HND from recognized accredited tertiary institutions with at least second class lower division can be admitted into level 300 of the 4-years BSc program. Any other class below the minimum will be determined by GhanaCU mentoring institutions.
All other holders of professional qualifications who require a top-up for a BSc. The programme will be properly placed as it will be duly determined by GhanaCU mentoring institutions.
GhanaCU Contact Details.
Telephone: +233 576533307/ +233 204069583
I hope this article answered your question.
Click here to know Colleges Affiliated To UG.
Click Here to know more about the UG Department of English.
Ever heard about the University of Ghana Credit Union? Click Here to read more.
Read more about the University of Ghana Sports Directorate.
Check out Public Universities In Ghana.
Get to know Private Universities In Ghana.
Read about the Garden City University College.
Click Here to know how to apply to Central University.
Know more about Africa’s Finest Private University, Ashesi University.
Click Here to know more about Pentecost University.
Check out the Dominion University College.
How well do you know Takoradi Technical University? Find out Here.
Read more about Ghana’s Premier Technical University, Accra Technical University.
Kindly note that this information will constantly be updated so keep visiting this page to read more.
Do not hesitate to use the comment space below if you have any questions or concerns about the recruitment.
Kindly stay tuned and share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading.