The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration has released their application forms for 2022/2023 application forms. All applicants who qualify can apply for admission into the noble institution.
THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIREMENTS FOR GIMPA ADMISSION 2022/2023.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), and West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) candidates:
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level candidates:
- Passes in three (3) GCE Advanced Level subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics, a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Art’s subject (for science students).
- Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) candidates to first-degree programmes:
- Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (at least second class lower division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a minimum of two (2) years post-HND qualification working experience. Other diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) may be similarly considered.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) candidates:
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
- An applicant must pass the mature students’ entrance examinations conducted by GIMPA in English, Mathematics and an Aptitude test.
- Foreign Qualifications:
- All foreign qualifications would be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana in accordance with the National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)].Note should be taken however that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into GIMPA.
- Professional and other entry qualifications:
- All professional certificates and any other qualification beyond the ones specified above would be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission to university. Note that the Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification cannot, in itself, be used for admission into tertiary education institutions and programmes in Ghana.
- WASSCE Awaiting Results:
Candidates who write the May/June WASSCE examinations are given the opportunity to apply for provisional admission into the daytime (8:00 am – 3:00 pm) 4-year bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Transfer from Other Universities:
Students from other universities who wish to transfer to GIMPA have the opportunity to do so. They must be in good standing from their former university. The application should include applicant’s SSSCE, WASSCE or GCE Ordinary and Advanced levels results, and a transcript from the transferring university.
How to Apply For GIMPA Admission
- Check our admission requirements to see if you are eligible
- Application E-VOUCHERS Mobile Money services Prospective Students
- Online Application form Prospective Students
- Pick up or download application forms from your prospective school
- Complete and submit forms to the appropriate secretariat
- Admissions committees take an average of two weeks to respond to your applications
The closing date for the registration of GIMPA admission 2022 has been scheduled between 30th June to ending of July, 2022.