How To Apply (undergraduate)
How to apply for:
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Access Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG), Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
The E-VOUCHERS can also be purchased through the USSD code *887*18# on all mobile telecommunication networks. Click here for more information on the USSD Payment
Ghanaian applicants in the following categories are expected to apply using the E-VOUCHER:
- WASSSCE/SSSCE Applicants and Ghanaians with Foreign Background
WASSCE/SSSCE applicants and Ghanaians who apply with foreign qualifications from schools which write the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the IGCSE such as Alpha Beta, Faith Montessori International School, Ghana International School, New Nation International School, SOS – Hermann GMEINER International College and Tema International School etc., should do the following:
At any of the Banks listed above, applicants will be required to indicate their names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the bank voucher before they are served. Those without e-mail addresses will however not be disadvantaged. A confirmation of their Pin will be sent to their mobile phones. After purchasing the e-voucher, applicants should CAREFULLY follow the instructions given. After the application has been submitted on-line, the e-voucher should be kept in a safe place as it may be required by applicants when accessing their admission status at a later date.
- DIPLOMA/HND TO DEGREE APPLICANTS
After buying the e-voucher, Diploma/HND to Degree applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms:
- Diploma/HND transcripts
- Where applicable, certified copies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates/result slips
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/results slips should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application form.
International applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad should NOT buy the e-voucher. They should use the following link to access the online application form for completion and submission.
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the University of Ghana ECOBANK Account.
Details of the Account are:
|Account Name:||University of Ghana Foreign Students Fees|
|Bank Details:||Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon Branch|
or International Transfer through Ecobank (2441000716652 or 1441000716647
or Payment with Credit Card on the GT payment platform.
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/ results slips should be scanned into one PDF or Word document and attached to the application form.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
To successfully apply for the University of Ghana admission form 2022/2023 academic year, you are advised to follow the Steps given below:
- Applicant should purchase an e-voucher from any of the vendors listed below. State empathically whether you wish to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- Login with the form on the right hand side, using the voucher SERIAL and PIN that was provided to you.
- Select your mode of entry and indicate your entry type (i.e Post WASSCE/SSCE, Post Diploma, Matured etc). Click submit to start applying.
- Fill application form and attach your passport picture. The applicant’s passport picture should be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif format and must not exceed 100KB in size. Make sure you upload a picture showing your face clearly.
- Clicking the SAVE AND CONTINUE LATER button will save your application for editing later.
- Click the SUBMIT AND PRINT button to submit the form and generate a reference number which will be sent to the phone number you provided. Make sure you provide the correct information before submitting the form. Changes after form submission are not allowed.
- Track and print the application form you filled.