EASY STEPS TO APPLY
- Purchase an e-voucher from any of the vendors listed here . State emphatically whether you wish to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate.
2. Login with the form on the right hand side, using the voucher SERIAL and PIN that was provided to you.
3. Select your mode of entry and indicate your entry type (i.e Post WASSCE/SSCE, Post Diploma, Matured … etc). Click submit to start applying.
4. Fill application form and attach your passport picture. The applicant’s passport picture should be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif format and must not exceed 100KB in size. Make sure you upload a picture showing your face clearly.
5.Clicking the SAVE AND CONTINUE LATER button will save your application for editing later.
6.Clicking the SUBMIT AND PRINT button will submit the form and generate a reference number which will be sent to the phone number you specified. Make sure you provide correct information before submitting the form. Changes after form submission is not allowed.
7.Click logout to leave the page. On subsequent logins you will be sent to a tracking page where you can track and print the application form you filled.
ADMISSION INTO UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for admission into undergraduate programmes of the University of Cape Coast for the 2019/2020 academic year. Persons who will be writing WASSCE this year (AWAITING 2019 WASSCE RESULTS) can also apply. Applicants are to buy scratch cards which will enable them to apply online. The scratch cards are up for sale at the Centres listed below:
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals – (Mode of payment – POSTAL ORDER)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Apostle Dr. Baidoo Avenue (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road), Millennium City, Kasoa (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment: GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
COST OF SCRATCH CARDS:
Post-SSSCE/WASSCE – GH¢220.00
Post-Diploma – GH¢230.00
International Applicants – USD$120.00
International applicants and Ghanaian applicants abroad can make payment by VISA Card and have their Scratch Card PIN sent to their e-mail addresses to enable them to complete their applications online.
The deadlines for the sale of Application scratch cards and the submission of completed application forms are Friday, 10th May, 2019 and Friday, 17th May, 2019 respectively.
Applicants should visit www.ucc.edu.gh then go to Admissions and click on Apply Now for further instructions. Alternatively, applicants should visit https://apply.ucc.edu.gh and proceed with the application.
All applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope: (a) application reference number (b) full name (c) postal address (d) first choice programme and (e) application category which should be one of the following: SSSCE/WASSCE or Post-Diploma or Post First Degree or OTHER (to be specified by applicant).
Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the admissions brochure very carefully before completing the online application form. Applications on which APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBERS are not indicated will not be processed.
BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Entry requirements for admission into programmes of study for both local and international students include the following:
Applicants should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
- WASSCE means A1 – C6
- SSSCE means A – D
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level:
Applicants should, in addition to credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics), have three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE):
Applicants should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE):
Applicants should have credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics) and three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.