Registered General Nurses provide medical and nursing care to patients in a variety of healthcare settings. Whether working in a hospital, GP surgery or primary care setting.
Registered General Nurses have completed a three-year training course and are registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council).
Registered General Nursing is a three year Diploma Programme.
This Three-year program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to enter the health care system as a practical Nurse (Enrolled Nurses).
The school follows the entry requirement set by the Nursing and Midwives Council of Ghana.
- SSSCE holders must have passes (Grades A-D) and WASSCE holders must have credit passes (Grades A1-C6) in the following subjects:
Three Core Subjects: Mathematics, English and Integrated Science
Three Elective Subjects from the following:
i. Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics
ii. General Agriculture, Physics and Chemistry
iii. Three General Arts Electives
iv. Two Home Economics Electives plus Food and Nutrition
v. Any three of the following Electives: Economics, Management in Living, Food and Nutrition, Chemistry, General Knowledge in Art and French.
OVERALL AGGREGATE SCORE:
- WASSCE : Thirty-Six(36) or better
- SSSCE : Twenty-Four(24) or better.
INSTITUTIONS OFFERING REGISTERED GENERAL NURSING (RGN).
- NarhBita College, Tema.
- Western Hills School of Nursing, Accra.
- Oak City International College, Adenta
- Royal Ann College of Health, Kumasi.
- 37 Military Hospital Nurses Training College, Accra
- Agogo Nursing Training College, Agogo.
- Ankaful Nursing Training College, Cape Coast.
- Asanteman Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Amansie.
- Bawku Nurses’ Training College, Bawku.
- Berekum Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Berekum.
- Bolgatanga Nursing Training College , Bolgatanga.
- Cape Coast Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Cape Coast.
- Christian Healthcare Training School, Breman Asikuma.
- College of Integrated Healthcare, Obuasi.
- Community Health Nurses’ Training College, Esiama.
- Community Health Training College, Winneba.
- Fomena Community Health Training College, Fomena.
- Ho Nurses’ Training College, Ho.
- Holy Family Nursing and Midwifery Training School, Nkawkaw.
- Jirapa Nurses Training College, Jirapa.
- Kings Health College Takoradi, Sekondi.
- Koforidua Nurses and Midwives Training College, Koforidua.
- Korle-Bu Nurses Training College, Accra.
- Kumasi Nurses’ Training College, Kumasi.
- KATH Nursing & Midwifery Training College, Kumasi.
- Mampong Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Mampong.
- Midwifery Training College, Hohoe.
- Navorongo community Health Nurses Training College, Navrongo.
- Navrongo Nurses Training College, Tamale.
- Nightingale School Of Nursing, Adenta.
- Nkawkaw Nurses Training College, Nkawkaw.
- Nurses Training School, Akwapim North.
- Nyaniba Health Assistant Training School, Accra.
- Offinso Midwifery Training School, Offinso.
- Pantang Nurses Training College, Accra.
- Presbyterian Nursing And Midwifery Training College, Dormaa Ahenkro.
- DARDA Health Pre-University, Kasha.
- Pneuma Exousia College, Ashaiman.
- Premier Nurses Training College, Kumasi.
- Richben School of Nursing, Nsuaem.
- Roman Girls Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Suame.
- Royals School of Nursing, Kumasi.
- Sefwi Wiawso Health Assistant School, Wiawso.
- Sekondi Nurses’ Training College, Ahanta West.
- Seventh Day Adventist Nursing Training College, Kwadaso.
- St. Karol School of Nursing, Accra.
- St. Patrick’s Midwifery Training School, Offinso.
- Sunyani Nurses’ Training College, Sunyani.
- Surebaby Nursing Training College, Sunyani.
- Tamale Nurses’ Training College, Tamale.
- Tepa Health Assistant Training, Tepa.
- Tibie Nurses Training College, Tibie.
- Westernhill School of Nursing, Accra.
- Winneba Community Nursing Training College, Senya.
- Universal Development Learning College and Affiliate, Tema.
- University of Jesus of Nazareth Nursing Training Centre, Mankessim.
I hope all your questions were answered.
However, don’t hesitate to drop your questions in the comment section below.
Kindly stay tuned and share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading.