Students who came to KNUST a few years ago were all assigned to the university’s numerous traditional halls due to their smaller numbers. Their population grew through time, and things changed. Students now have to wait for the KNUST accommodation portal to open before they can apply.
Freshmen admitted to KNUST can reserve their hall of residence using the KNUST accommodation site, which is an online room booking system.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has six traditional halls, i.e,
- Independence Hall
- Republic Hall
- University Hall
- Unity Hall
- Queen Elizabeth II Hall
- Africa Hall
KNUST had three unisex halls, Republic Hall, Independence Hall, and Queens Hall, until 2019. University Hall (Katanga), Unity Hall (Conti), and Africa Hall (Katanga) were all-male halls, whereas Africa Hall was all-female.
Aside from the six traditional halls, KNUST has a number of different hostels on campus, including Brunei, Hall 7, The SRC Hostel, GRASSAG Hostel, and the MasterCard Hostel.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR ACCOMMODATION AT KNUST?
When assessing the quality of living that may be expected following admission, one of the first things to examine is the accommodation provided on the KNUST campus. The reason for this is because a student will spend a large amount of time outside of class in halls of residence and hostels.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION FOR ACCOMMODATION AS A FRESHER.
- Accept the offer of admission to proceed.
- Pay academic fees in full before applying for accommodation.
- Please note: Do not pay academic and residential fees together. Make a reservation for accommodation before payment of residential fees.
Follow the steps below to make a reservation and select a room using this link, https://halls.knust.edu.gh/
- Login with your Application Number and PIN.
- Select the Make a reservation button to view available accommodation.
- Read and accept the accommodation instructions.
- Select accommodation from the list available. A reservation code will be generated.
- Logout of the system and proceed to a pay-point to pay residential fees.
- After payment of residential fees, login to the system to select a room.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION FOR ACCOMMODATION AS A CONTINUING STUDENT
Only freshmen get to sleep in the various traditional halls at KNUST for a year. In the years that follow, when they become continuing students, they are forced to live somewhere other than the traditional halls. This is where the real estate industry comes in to assist in resolving the issue. Aside from the popular on-campus hostels, a number of excellent hostels have sprouted up near and far from the university.
Consider the following when choosing an off-campus hostel:
- Geographical ease
- Close proximity to the faculty
- security and convenience
A lot depends on where you are, so make sure you’re in the right place– getting up early for lectures, meeting friends on weekends.
If you have any question, leave it in the comment section.