Fee-paying students are required to pay their tuition fees directly to the University or, if eligible, may access FEE-HELP to cover some or all of their tuition fees. The annual fee for a particular program is based upon the standard full-time enrolment of 24 units per year.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEE PAYING AND REGULAR STUDENT.
Now lets look at the difference between a fee paying student and a regular student;
- Tuition fees for fee-paying students are extravagantly high as compared to regular students.
- Regular students normally have to meet the cutoff point before they are admitted to study a particular program. However, fee-paying students just have to meet the minimum requirements to study a program.
- The fee-paying policy mostly applies to foreign students, but Ghanaians who haven’t met the minimum cut-off point can also apply and pay the same fee as foreign students.
BELOW IS A TABULAR SCHEDULE OF THE KNUST FEE PAYING – FRESHMEN
|Akan/Culture & Tourism/English/ French/Political Studies/Religious||5,628.09||1,050.50||6,678.59|
|Studies/Geography & Rural Development/History/Publishing Studies|
|Mathematics/Actuarial Science/Statistics/Computer Science||5,774.09||1,050.50||6,824.59|
|Biological Science/Env’t Science/Physics/Chemistry||6,154.69||1,050.50||7,205.19|
|Quantity Surveying/Construction Econs./Development Planning||6,154.69||1,050.50||7,205.19|
|Ceramics Design/Metalsmithing/Fashion Design/Textile Design/|
|Comminication Design/Agric Business Mgt|
|Electrical & Electronic Eng/Chemical/Petrochemical Eng/|
|Geomatic Eng./Mechanical Eng./Aerospace Eng./Computer Eng./||8,028.69||1,050.50||9,079.19|
|Telecom Eng/Civil Eng/Biomedical Eng/Automobile/Marine/Industrial Eng.|
|Agricultural Eng./Materials Eng./Metallurgical Eng/Petroleum Eng.|
|Pharmacy/ Herbal Medicine||7,906.69||1,050.50||8,957.19|
|BSc. Emergency Nursing/Nursing/Midwifery(Top up/Mature)||4,036.89||1,050.50||5,087.39|
|Midwifery (Sandwich, Year 2)||4,099.85||1,050.50||5,150.35|
|Physiotherapy & Sports Sci/Medical Lab Tech/Disability & Rehab||6,254.09||1,050.50||7,304.59|
|Biochemistry/Food Science & Tech /Meteo &|
|Climate/Human Settlement Planning/Real Estate/Land Economy/||6,154.69||1,050.50||7,205.19|
|Integrated Rural Art/Painting & Sculpture/Agric Biotechnology|
|Nat Resources Mgt/Dairy & Meat Sci/Landscape Design/Acquaculture/|
|Forest Resource Tech/Post Harvest Tech/Agriculture|
|Human Biology(Medicine)/Dental Surgery||10,854.69||1,050.50||11,905.19|
- Students are required to pay the relevant Fees and Residential Fees in full into the KNUST MAIN FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT at any of the following Banks:
GCB BANK/ECOBANK/HFC BANK/UBA BANK/CAL BANK/UNI BANK/BARCLAYS BANK/GT BANK/ STANCHART BANK AND GHANA POST
2. Residential Fees and Academic Fees should be paid separately into the same accounts using different pay-in-slips for each fee item (i.e. Residential Fees, Academic Fees)
Also, it is a must for all KNUST freshmen to have their Chest X-ray and examination at KNUST Hospital.
We hope you find this article educative and informative.