As the knowledge and educational faculty of the university, the KNUST library system, which comprises the Basic school libraries, the main Prempeh II Library, and its six college libraries, plays a central role in supporting the noble vision of the University to become a globally recognized center of excellence in Africa, for quality teaching and research in Science and Technology.
We have done this by providing quality academic resources and training programs that build our users’ capacity to utilize our learning resources effectively. Like many twenty-first-century modern libraries, we aim to bring the best out of you and advance your learning goals.
For students to have access to the Kunst online library, they should log in with their user id and password while the staff also, who wishes to make use of the online library can do so by logging in with the KNUST e-mail and password.
Table of Contents
Importance of the Kunst online library
We do this, by working hard to deliver to you a state-of-the-art library service that:
- provides access to a wide range of print and electronic resources across many academic disciplines available to you anytime, anywhere;
- creates a learning environment that inspires and fuels your ambition to excel academically;
- makes available authentic learning spaces, designed to meet individual learning styles;
- builds your capacity, through tailor-made training programs, that help you connect to the global knowledge eco-system;
- enhances your learning journey, supported by cutting-edge learning technologies;
- inspires you to fulfill your future dream of contributing positively to the development of Ghana and the world at large.
AIM OF THE PROVISION OF THE KNUST ONLINE LIBRARY
Our aim is also to provide you with equitable, evidence-based, customer-focused, and value-for-money library services, underpinned by continuous improvement. Our well-trained and dedicated professional library staff are committed to providing you with the highest level of support, both face-to-face and online.
We pledge to give you all the material assistance you need to exploit the learning opportunities available during your time here at KNUST. We will ensure that our services are accessible and inclusive of all our users – full-time, part-time, distance learning, etc.
It is therefore the ultimate hope and expectation of the Institution that its students make good use of the online library for educational purposes. If students are willing to study together with the help of the online library, it can help them achieve their goal of acquiring a first-class university education. The KNUST online library is popularly known as the “Listening Library” as a result of its quickness in the response to the needs of its visitors.
The philosophy of the Online library:
- The library is the heart-beat of academic scholarship;
- The nexus of teaching, learning, and research;
- Centre of education beyond the curriculum;
- Unfettered access to knowledge;
- Defense of intellectual freedom.
To build on KNUST’s leadership as the premier science and technology university in Ghana and to be among the top ten Universities in Africa
KNUST exists to advance knowledge in science and technology by creating an environment for undertaking relevant research, quality teaching, entrepreneurship training, and community engagement to improve the quality of life.
Our Core Values
- Leadership in Innovation and Technology
- Culture of Excellence
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity for All
- Integrity and Stewardship of Resources
University Librarian Office: 03220-60133
Deputy Librarian’s/Secretary’s Office: 03220-60199
Academic Support Department: 03220-60212
KNUST Main Library
PMB University Post Office