A degree in every program of study will also prepare you for admission to graduate and/or professional schools and programs that require a bachelor’s degree (e.g. medical school, dental school, physician assistant, physical therapy, public health, health promotion sciences, etc.).
Because of the nature of the school of Allied health Sciences programs, several foreign students apply for admission from all over the world but more especially from the sub-region into our programs.
Likewise, the Faculty attracts several exchange students from Europe and North America during the summer breaks.
The Department delivers its programs through various modes. These include a regular session, a sandwich, and distance learning. The main clinical site for the training of students is the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi. Other clinical sites include all Ghana health service facilities in the Ashanti region. Preceptors in the clinical area support the training of the students.
Welcome to the Departments section
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Medical Diagnostics
- Department of Physiotherapy and Sports Science
KNUST ALLIED HEALTH COURSES
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc Sports and Exercise Science
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Midwifery
- BSc Midwifery (Sandwich Programs) *
- BSc Emergency Nursing (Fee-Paying only)*
- BSc BDS Dental Surgery (Three (3) years of BSc Human Biology to be followed by a-year Clinical studies leading to the award of BDS Degree) (Fee Paying only)
- DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) (6 years)
- BSc Sonography (Fee-Paying only)
- BSc Disability & Rehaopention Studies (opened to Candidates with General Science; General Arts; Business; Visual Arts and Vocational/ Home Economics background)
- Medical Diagnostics
Department of Medical Diagnostics
OBJECTIVES, OPPORTUNITIES, VISION, AND MISSION STATEMENT
The Department of Medical Diagnostics has two units: Medical Laboratory Science and Medical Imaging. The Department of Medical Diagnostics provides leadership on all aspects of laboratory and Imaging Diagnostics by teaching, conducting research, and providing clinical practice skills.
The Medical Laboratory Technology Program has established a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of UTAH of the U.S.A and Westminster University, UK.
The Medical Imaging program collaborates with the University of Derby, UK, and Monash University, Australia.
- BSc. MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE: The objectives of the program are to produce Medical Laboratory Scientists who arcane form general laboratory investigations, communicate results, and manage resources under minimum supervision. READ MORE
- BSc. MEDICAL IMAGING: The mission of the program is to provide holistic education, teaching, and research to prepare students for entry-level practice in Medical Imaging such as Radiography and Sonography. READ MORE
- MPHIL HAEMATOLOGY: Master of Philosophy in Haematology aims at equipping individuals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to function at more advanced levels in the field of Haematology. READ MORE