Luv Fm High School Debate: Date for Declaration of Interest, Balloting, Other Details Out- Read full details
The High School Debate Competition organized by Luv Fm in partnership with the Ghana Education Service, Conference of Heads of Assisted Second Cycle Schools (CHASS) and the Ashanti Regional Students Representative Council (ARSRC) is set to kick off following a successful meeting by stakeholders of the competition held at the Conference Room of the Regional Education Directorate today.
The sstakeholders had a lengthy discussion on this year’s competition and agreed on some modalities ahead of the Preliminary or Elimination Competition.
Regional CHASS Executives, Management of Luv Fm, the Regional SRC Coordinator who also represented the Regional Director for GES during the meeting agreed on the following after the meeting.
- 1. Schools interested in participating in this year’s competition should declare their interest by the close of the end of the week thus 8th May. Schools must consult and be sure that they will participate in the competition before submitting their names. Any school that takes part in the balloting should not give any excuse to pull out at the last minute.
- 2. There will be 4 Zones for the preliminary competition. Three schools will qualify from each zone to make the pack of 12 schools who will be joined by the 4 semi finalists of last year’s competition. The 16 schools will go into the main competition.
- 3. The Preliminary Competition will take place on Thursday and Friday of the 4th Week of May (for Zone 1 & Zone 2)while Zone 3 and Zone 4 will have their preliminary competition on Thursday & Friday of the 1st Week of June.
- 4. The actual competition will kick off in the 3rd Week of June and run through till the 2nd Week of July.
- 5. There will be Zoom/Virtual Meeting for Patrons of Writers and Debaters Society (WDS) to explain the modalities on Wednesday 11th May at 4pm. The meeting will deliberate on rules and regulations and set the tone for the preliminary competition.
- 6. The draw for the competition will be held on Thursday the 12th of May at 3pm also virtually.
- The Meeting also discussed the prize package, security at the centers, Judges for the competition among other important areas.
- Schools that will be participating in the competition were entreated to demonstrate professionalism and discipline when they come for the competition. Patrons and Teachers who can solidly control their students are to accompany their students.
- Further beefing on new development will be made known to member schools.