Distance education, also known as distance learning, is the education of students who may not always be physically present at a school.
Traditionally, this usually involved correspondence courses wherein the student corresponded with the school online. Today, it usually involves online education. A distance learning program can be completely distance learning, or a combination of distance learning and traditional classroom instruction (called hybrid or blended).
Again, distance education, e-learning, and online learning, form of education is the one in which the main elements include the physical separation of teachers and students during instruction and the use of various technologies to facilitate student-teacher and student-student communication.
A distance learning fee is associated with a course designated as distance learning and shall cover costs of consumable materials, supplies, insurance, or other special projects or services purchased by the College and provided to students in a designated course/program so that the students may complete the required course in due time without difficulties.
THE OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY OF GHANA DISTANCE EDUCATION FEES SCHEDULE
Distance learning fees differ for Ghanaian and foreign students
- Humanities- GHC 259
- Science/agriculture/administration- GHC 300
- Applied sciences GHC 355
- For foreign students per academic year;
- Science students $ 5797
- Humanities $ 5,297
The University of Ghana Distance Education Programs
The following programs are available for the 2022/2023 academic year:
BACHELOR OF ARTS
- Political Science, Sociology and Information Studies
- Economics, Sociology and Psychology
- Psychology, Sociology and Information Studies
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies, Psychology, Information Studies
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (Not available to WASSCE applicants)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Diploma in Public Administration
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Youth and Development