University of Cape Coast is one of Ghana’s prominent universities. It was ranked as the 298th university out of 1,300 in the world by QS World University Ranking 2021. It is also the 4th topmost university in Africa.
This ranking of UCC makes it the best place to pursue your tertiary education.
The management of the University of Cape Coast has opened application into undergraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Applications are opened for all qualified students as well as those awaiting 2022 WASSCE results.
COST OF E-VOUCHERS
Ghanaian Applicants = GH¢220.00
International Applicants = free
Deadlines for the sale of Application E-vouchers is Wednesday, 31st August, 2022 while submission of completed application forms must be due by Wednesday, 7th September, 2022.
You can purchase your E-vouchers for online application at the centres below:
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra
- I-J Consult, Millennium City, Kasoa (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road)
- All Ghana Post Offices
- All Network Branches of GCB Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of ADB Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of GT Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of ARB Apex Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Republic Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Consolidated Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Zenith Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Prudential Bank Nationwide
- Visit the Application Portal then under Application Process
- Select “click to apply”.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Entry requirements for admission into programmes of study for both local and international students include the following;
- WASSCE/SSSCE: Applicants should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
I) WASSCE means A1 – C6
II) SSSCE means A – D
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level: Applicants should, in addition to credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics), have three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE): Applicants should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE): Applicants should have credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics) and three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Applicants should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level in three (3) subjects relevant to the programme of choice (minimum of grade 5 for Health and Allied Sciences). Applicants should, in addition, have a minimum of grade 4 in English/Literature and Mathematics (SL).
- American High School Grade 12 Examinations:Applicants should have a Final Grade point of 3.0.
SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
- One copy of the completed online application forms with copies of results slips should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Copies of the completed online application forms should reach the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th September, 2022.
Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA),
University of Cape Coast.
Applicants are to ensure that application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
Applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope:
(a) application reference number
(b) full name
(c) postal address
(d) first choice programme and
(e) application category which should be one of the following:
SSSCE/WASSCE or Post-Diploma or Post First Degree or OTHER (to be specified by applicant).
Applications on which APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBERS are not indicated will not be processed.
- No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms.
Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips should accompany completed application forms.
Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be
inspected before registration. The documents accompanying the application forms are not returnable.
- Persons awaiting 2022 WASSCE results MUST select the “Awaiting Results” option before providing their examination details.
Those who already have results SHOULD NOT select the
“Awaiting Results” option but rather go ahead to verify their results.
- Application forms received without Application Reference Numbers, a copy of WASSCE/SSSCE results slip or transcripts, in the case of Post-Diploma and other applicants, will not be processed (this does not apply to awaiting results applicants).
A change of programme after the submission of application forms will NOT be allowed.
PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
The following programmes are available for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Applicants should ensure that the programmes selected as their 1st and 2nd choice options are the same as those displayed on the
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND LEGAL STUDIES
FACULTY OF ARTS
- B. A. (African Studies)
- B. A. (Arts)
- B. A. (Chinese)
- B. A. (Communication Studies)
- B. A. (Dance)
- B. A. (Film Studies)
- B. A. (Linguistics)
- B. A. (Music)
- B. A. (Theatre Studies)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- B. A. (Anthropology)
- B. A. (Population & Health)
- B. A. (Social Sciences)
- B. Sc. (Geography and Regional Planning)
- B. Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- B. Sc. (Tourism Management)
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
- Bachelor of Science (Economics)
- Bachelor of Science (Economics with Finance)
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STUDIES
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
- B.Ed (Arts)
- B.Ed (Accounting)
- B.Ed (Management)
- B.Ed (Social Sciences)
- B.Ed (Social Studies)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- B.Ed (Communication Design)
- B.Ed (Construction Technology)
- B.Ed (Health, Physical Education and Recreation)
- B.Ed (Home Economics)
- B.Ed (Information Communication Technology)
- B.Ed (Mathematics)
- B.Ed (Science)
- B.Ed Fine Art (Painting and Sculpture)
FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
- B.Ed (Early Childhood Education)
- B.Ed (Junior High School Education)
- B.Ed (Primary Education)
- B.Sc (Psychology)
COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- B.Sc. (Community Mental Health Nursing)
- B.Sc. (Mental Health Nursing)
- B.Sc. (Midwifery)
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
SCHOOL OF ALIED HEALTH SCIENCES
- B.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics)
- B.Sc. (Diagnostic Imaging Technology)
- B.Sc. (Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
- B.Sc. (Health Information Management)
- B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology)
- B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Studies)
- B.Sc. (Sport and Exercise Science)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
- B.Sc. (Agri-Business)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Extension & Community Development)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Extension) – Post-Diploma
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Agro-Processing)
- B.Sc. (Animal Production) – Post-Diploma
SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- B.Sc. (Biochemistry)
- B.Sc. (Conservation Biology and Entomology)
- B.Sc. (Environmental Science)
- B.Sc. (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Forensic Science)
- B.Sc. (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology)
SCHOOL OF PHYSICAl SCIENCES
- B.Sc. (Actuarial Science)
- B.Sc. (Chemistry)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (Engineering Physics)
- B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)
- B.Sc. (Information Technology)
- B.Sc. (Laboratory Technology)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics and Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics with Business)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics with Economics)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics)
- B.Sc. (Meteorology & Atmospheric Physics)
- B.Sc. (Physics)
- B.Sc. (Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Water and Sanitation)
I hope you get admitted as you apply to the University of Cape Coast to further your studies.
Kindly get in touch with us to read more about the University of Cape Coast.
For further details, kindly drop your comments below.
Thanks for reading.