The visual arts are art forms that create works that are primarily visual in nature, such as ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, film making and architecture
Option offered to Visual Art applicants
The Visual Arts option will approach sculpture, architecture, painting, and drawing from a dual perspective. Students will explore the history and appreciation of art in the classroom and develop introductory and advanced skills in a variety of media in the drawing and painting studio.
An applicant for admission to a degree program in the University must have credited in the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science), and CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its equivalent relevant to the chosen Program with aggregate 24 or better and a visual Art shs graduate. (WASSCE: A1- C6/SSSCE A-D) D7, E8 & F9 ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ADMISSION
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply formal creative issues including composition, balance, space, line, and form.
- Apply skills associated with two-dimensional imaging.
- Demonstrate use of diverse materials, various media, and techniques in foundation level drawing and painting studio activities.
- Analyze the visual arts through art history.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrated competency in the visual arts undertaken.
Below is a Full List of the Visual Art courses offered at UCC
- BSc. Architecture
- BSc. Construction Technology & Management (Building Technology)
- BSc. Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Building Technology)
- BSc. Development Planning
- BSc. Human Settlement Planning
- BSc. Land Economy
- BSc. Real Estate
- BSc. Fashion Design
- BSc. Textile Design and Technology
- BSc. Ceramic Technology
- BSc. Metalsmithing and Jewellery Technology
- BA. Integrated Rural Art and Industry
- BA. Publishing Studies
- BA. Communication Design (Graphic Design)
- BFA. Painting and Sculpture
- BFA. Ceramics
- Bachelor of Laws