UG MATURE STUDENTS COURSES.
UG Mature Students Courses.
The University of Ghana is one of Ghana’s leading Universities. According to https://www.usnews.com, University of Ghana ranked 916th in Best Global Universities.
According to https://www.ug.edu.gh, The 2022 AD Scientific Index, which has more focus on the biophysical sciences, places the University of Ghana as first in Ghana, 15th out of the 2,049 universities in Africa, and at 1,704 out of 14,284 universities surveyed globally.
Mature students are applicants who are at least 25 years old and do not have a high school diploma or GED.
Adults can apply to attend colleges or universities as mature students.
Applications by mature students are evaluated differently from applicants who have just finished Senior High School.
Below are the courses available for mature students.
UG Mature Students Courses.
- Bachelor of Arts subject combinations.
- Political Science, Sociology and Information Studies.
- Psychology, Sociology and Information Studies.
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies, Psychology, Information Studies.
- Accounting, Psychology, Adult Education and Human Resource Studies (for applicants who do very well in Mathematics in the entrance examination).
- Public Administration, Sociology, Information Studies.
- Human Resource Management, Psychology, Information Studies.
There are Diploma Programmes available too.
- Diploma in Youth and Development.
- Diploma in Adult Education.
- Diploma in Public Administration.
- Diploma in Librarianship.
- Diploma in Accounting.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time of application and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old.
- Applicants must register for, attend and complete the University of Ghana Access Course and pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
- Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination must purchase an e-voucher from designated banks to access the UG online application form.
The Access Course will be run by the School of Continuing and Distance Education of the College of Education, University of Ghana; at all its Learning Centres across the country.
Applicants should take note of the following:
- Tutorials will be held online through the University Learning Management System (SAKAI).
- The fee for registration, the Access Course and Entrance Examination is GHc450.00.
Please note that the fee is non-refundable.
- Payment for these should be made into UG Learning Centre Account number 1441002010444 at any branch of ECOBANK Ghana Limited.
- Applicants should register online at the University of Ghana website or through https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/mature.
- Only applicants who pass the entrance examination will be eligible to purchase the e-voucher to access the University online application form.
Also check out Is University of Ghana Admission List Out?
And check out UG Hall Registration for freshmen.
Kindly note that this information will constantly be updated so keep visiting this page to read more.
I hope this article answered your question.
Don’t hesitate to use the comment section if you have any questions or concerns.
Kindly stay tuned and share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading.