Registration for the University of Ghana mature access course for the 2021/2022 academic year takes place from Friday, February 26 to Wednesday, April 7, 2021. Successful applicants will be admitted into the following Level 100 (Bachelor of Arts) or Diploma Distance Education Programmes based on their performance in the entrance examinations:
Bachelor of Arts subject combinations
- Political Science, Sociology and Information Studies
- Psychology, Sociology and Information Studies
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies, Psychology, Information Studies
- Accounting, Psychology, Adult Education and Human Resource Studies (for applicants who do very well in Mathematics in the entrance examination)
- Public Administration, Sociology, Information Studies
- Human Resource Management, Psychology, Information Studies
- Diploma in Youth and Development
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Public Administration
- Diploma in Librarianship
- Diploma in Accounting
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time of application and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old.
- Applicants must register for, attend and complete the University of Ghana Access Course and pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
- Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination must purchase an e-voucher from designated banks to access the UG online application form.
The Access Course will be run by the School of Continuing and Distance Education of the College of Education, University of Ghana; at all its Learning Centres across the country.
Applicants should take note of the following:
- Tutorials will be held online through the University Learning Management System (SAKAI).
- The fee for registration, the Access Course and Entrance Examination is GH¢450.00. Please note that the fee is non-refundable.
- Payment for these should be made into UG Learning Centre Account number 1441002010444 at any branch of ECOBANK Ghana Limited.
- Applicants should register online at the University of Ghana Website or through https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/mature.
- Only applicants who pass the entrance examination will be eligible to purchase the e-voucher to access the University’s on-line application form.
- The dates for the Access Course are:
Saturday, April 10 – Sunday, April 11, 2021 (Orientation/Training on SAKAI LMS)
Saturday, April 17 – Sunday, April 18, 2021
Saturday, April 24 – Sunday, April 25, 2021
Saturday, May 1 – Sunday, May 2, 2021
Saturday, May 8 – Sunday, May 9, 2021
Saturday, May 15 – Sunday, May 16, 2021
Saturday, May 22 – Sunday, May 23, 2021
Saturday, May 29 – Sunday, May 30, 2021
Saturday, June 5 – Sunday, June 6, 2021
Saturday, June 12 – Sunday June 13, 2021
For further information, visit the University’s website: www.ug.edu.gh or contact us at any of the following numbers or email addresses.
Please note that this is the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course. All other advertised courses have not been sanctioned by the University. Only candidates who participate in the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course will be eligible to take the entrance examination.