An entrance examination is an examination that educational institutions conduct to select prospective students for admission.
A mature student is a person who begins their studies at university or college a number of years after leaving school, so that they are older than most of the people they are studying with. Typically, this will mean students who are over 21 years of age at the beginning of their undergraduate studies, or over 25 years of age at the beginning of their postgraduate studies.
The registration for the University of Ghana mature access course for the 2022/2023 academic year takes place soon. Successful applicants will be admitted into any program of study of choice. Level 100 (Bachelor of Arts) or Diploma Distance Education Programs will be based on applicants performance in the entrance examinations.
The Access Course will be run by the School of Continuing and Distance Education of the College of Education, University of Ghana; at all its Learning Centers across the country.
THE SUBJECT COMBINATION OF STUDY ARE :
- Political Science, Sociology and Information Studies
- Psychology, Sociology and Information Studies
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies, Psychology, Information Studies
- Accounting, Psychology, Adult Education and Human Resource Studies (for applicants who do very well in Mathematics in the entrance examination)
- Public Administration, Sociology, Information Studies
- Human Resource Management, Psychology, Information Studies
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time of application and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old.
- Applicants must register for, attend and complete the University of Ghana Access Course and pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
- Applicants who pass the Entrance Examination must purchase an e-voucher from designated banks to access the UG online application form.
Applicants should take note of the following:
- The fee for registration, the Access Course and Entrance Examination is GH¢ 450.00
- Payment for these should be made into UG College of Education Learning Centre Account number 1441002010444 at any branch of ECOBANK Ghana Limited.
- Applicants should register at any of the University of Ghana Learning Centers after payment of fees.
- Only applicants who pass the entrance examination will be eligible to purchase the e-voucher to access the University’s on-line application form.
- The dates for the Access Course are:
UG Mature Admission Access Course Dates
Saturday, February 22 – Sunday, February 23, 2020
Saturday, February 29 – Sunday, March 1, 2020
Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 15, 2020
Saturday, March 21 – Sunday, March 22, 2020
Saturday, March 28 – Sunday, March 29, 2020
Saturday, March 30 – Sunday, March 31, 2020
Saturday, April 4 – Sunday April 5, 2020
Saturday, April 18 – Sunday April 19, 2020
For further information, visit the University’s website: www.ug.edu.gh or contact us on any of the following numbers or email addresses:
College Academic Office: 0362194377, 0503899803, 0270316105 (WhatsApp only)
Department of Distance Education: 0303938855, 0302956122, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Accra||030 3970282||Tsito/Ho||050 4476308|
|Tema||024 4818069||Koforidua||034 2290824|
|Takoradi||024 4995834||Tamale||037 2022238|
|Kumasi||024 4743510||Bolgatanga||020 5191313|
|Sunyani||035 2027153 035 2026734||Cape Coast||024 4708846024 3135822|
Please note that this is the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course. All other advertised courses have not been sanctioned by the University. Only candidates who participate in the official University of Ghana Mature Access Course will be eligible to take the entrance examination.