Regular students have the option to re-sit failed courses during the main examination or one week before the re-opening of each semester. The Supplementary re-sit examination is opened to ONLY students who have failed (grade E or F) previously registered course(s).
Re-Sit/Repeat Examination – Regular Students
Regular students have the option to re-sit failed courses during the main examination or one week before re-opening of each semester.
The Supplementary re-sit examination is opened to ONLY students who have failed (grade E or F) previously registered course(s).
The steps for registration are as indicated below:
STEP 1: Re-Sit Approval
Download appropriate re-sit approval form below, print out and fill in. Send to the relevant Department(s) for endorsement. Leave a copy of the re-sit form at the Department for their records.
» Resit Registration for Continuing Students(link is external)
Click on the link below to download the respective resit forms (for students who should have completed only).
» Resit Forms for Students who should have Completed(link is external)
STEP 2: Re-Sit Payment
Submit another copy of endorsed form to the Cash Office at the Registry to be enabled to pay required fees for on-line registration.
1. Pay for the number of courses you want to re-sit at Cash Office before you start the registration.
2. Once payment had been made at the Cash Office, you wait for 24 hours before going online to register.
3. Students who should have completed should present the receipt of payment and a copy of the form to the Academic Affairs Office to complete the process.
Click here for schedule of re-sit fees.
*Note that if you do not pay requisite fees for all courses indicated, you cannot register.
STEP 3: Online Registration
You may register online 24 hours after payment at the Cash Office. Students who should have completed cannot register online.
1. Go to the re-sit registration page at www.ug.edu.gh/aadreg(link is external)
2. Login with your UG Student ID and MIS Web PIN
3. After a successful login, click on “Re-sit Registration” (this will be found against your name)
4. Click on the plus sign (+) below your profile to add a course you want to re-sit
5. On the registration page, click on “Select Course” to bring up the course lookup dialogue box.
6. In the search box, type the course code of the course you want to re-sit without a space, (E.g. POLI 211).
7. Tick the box by the course and click on “Select” below
8. Select the period you wish to write the exams. There are two options; End of Semester Examination and Inter-Semester Break Supplementary Examination.
9. Click on the “Register” button to register for the course
10. Repeat steps 4 to 9 until you have registered all your re-sit courses.
Re-Sit/ Repeat Examination – Distance Education Students
Continuing/students who should have completed and wish to re-register for a failed course (Grade E or F) should do the following:
• Download the appropriate Re-sit Registration form.
• Present the form to the registration officials at their Learning Centre for the amount to be paid to be calculated.
• Pay the requisite amount at the Cash Office at the Learning Centre.
• Submit a photocopy of the completed form and receipt to the registration officials at the Learning Centre.
Students who should have completed are required to obtain a Provisional ID card for the Examinations at their respective Learning Centers or the Academic Affairs Office, one week before the start of examinations.