*HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE ON-GOING SENSITIZATION ON GES OCCUPATIONAL PENSION SCHEME*
• A retiree contributor will benefit from *Tier 2* as his/her Lump Sum, and SSNIT which is mandated for the payment of monthly pension salary.
• Contributors who were in the Service before *2016* should note that on retirement, they have *Past Credit* (a sizeable Lump Sum to be collected from SSNIT) in addition to their *Tier 2 Lump Sum.* This is as a result of accumulated funds in a *suspended account* between 2010 and 2016 before the funds were released to the various Fund Managers.
• Contributors who were appointed in *2016* and beyond are not entitled to any *Past Credit* from SSNIT when they retire.
• Contributors “who have been born and reborn” (have different Dates of Birth at GES and at SSNIT) whether deliberately or unintentionally, have created serious problems for themselves.
• Those who have the same dates as mentioned above, but have different date of birth on their *National ID*(Ghana) Card, have problems similar to those mentioned above. This is because any different Date of Birth, the system will recognize as different person; and as such, your accumulated contribution will be suspended in that account searching for its rightful owner who has metamor phosized with date of birth.
• With different Date of Birth on your Ghana Card which might be accidental, *you cannot claim your benefits after retirement.*
• Contributors who have problems as mentioned above, *should correct all those anomalies* in time before pension so that all the dates commensurate (tally) for easy claiming of benefits.
• Periodically, contributors are urged to update their beneficiaries to effect the necessary changes.
• Tier 2 became operational without contributors been made to input any beneficiary as it pertains in SSNIT. This means many contributors below the age of *60,* have died in the last two years; and their Tier 2 Lump Sum were not claimed by any beneficiary due to that lapse.
• Various Immediate Supervisors who have attended their GESOPS Training, after In-Service Training for their subordinates, are to provide photocopies of *Contributor Enrolment Form* to them to fill.
• After filling the form, it should be endorsed and stamped by the Immediate Supervisors after which it should be scanned and uploaded onto the GESOPS Portal *(https;/ /www.gespensions.com.gh)* for imputing of information into the system.
• Without either the *endorsement or stamp* of your Immediate Supervisor (Headteacher/master/mistress, SISOs, HoDs, Managers, e.t.c), your uploaded *Contributor Enrolment Form* will be outrightly rejected by the system.
• Your SSNIT beneficiaries *are not necessarily the same ones to used for your Tier 2.* You can make, omissions, insertions, maintain them all, or totally overhaul them.
• If the number of your beneficiaries *exceeds FIVE (5),* request for additional Form.
• There is NO limitation to the number of beneficiaries. However, *ensure that your allocation of benefit sums up to 100%.*
• If all the beneficiaries are *minors,* ensure that you include *one adult* (probably the mother / father of the children) who can make claims in your “catastrophic absence” *through a Letter of Consent.*
• Without any adult among the beneficiaries, in case of any misfortune (death of contributor), your Tier 2 Lump Sum *will be withheld in your account till any of the minor beneficiaries attains the age of eighteen (18).*
• Ensure that you input the correct Date (s) of Birth of your beneficiaries that correspond to those on their Birth Certificates; or the same dates used on the Form above will be used in the processing of the “ID (Ghana Card). Otherwise, *they cannot make claims.*
• Tier 3, which is voluntary by the contributor, shouldn’t exceed *16%* of the contributor’s basic salary.
*How To Register On The Member Portal*
Step 1: Click on *Member Login* on the Web Address- www.gespensions.com.gh
Step 2: Click on *create one* to Register for the GESOPS Portal.
Step 3: Enter Staff ID and SSNIT Number.
Step 4: Verification information provided.
Step 5: Enter Email Address and create Password.
Step 6: Enter Staff ID and Password.
After completing the above, you can:
• view your Statement
• view your beneficiaries
• Upload Claims
• Make Date of Birth corrections
• Reset your Password (forgot)
For further explanations, contact GESOPS through their contacts given below
• *E-mail:* firstname.lastname@example.org
• *WhatsApp:* 0271900977
• *Phone:* 0596921135/0506929009,
Right Wing First Floor SSNIT Emporium Airport City, Accra.