Valley View University.
Valley View University has the singular distinction of being the first private university in Ghana to be granted a Charter. Valley View University received its Charter from President John Kufuor (President of Ghana), at a special function on 28th May 2006.
Established in 1979, Valley View University was formerly Adventist Missionary College (AMC) which was located at Bekwai- Ashanti.
It was transferred to Adenta near Accra in 1983 where it operated in rented facilities until it was relocated to its present site near Oyibi in 1989.
Table of Contents
Mission And Vision.
To be a leading center of excellence for value-based Christian education.
To foster a harmonious development of the physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual faculties of students and staff in a well-designed and sound learning research environment for meaningful service to God and humanity.
VVU Core Values.
VVU seeks to pass on a passion for excellence, integrity and service.
Valley View Basic Requirements.
- UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES (GENERAL).
For applicants who wish to apply for any of VVU undergraduate programmes:
- For WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE Applicants:
You are required to possess passes in Six (6) subjects comprising three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- GCE Advanced Level: Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non- Science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
- Diploma certificates from recognized universities assessed to be equivalent to HND with second class lower division may be considered for admission into level 100 or 200 in their area of specialization depending on the subjects passed. The applicants must note that Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification cannot, in itself, be used for admission into Valley View University.
- HND holders from recognized institutions with at least Second Class Lower Division may be considered for admission into level 200 or 300 in their area of specialization depending on the subjects passed from transcript. The applicant must have acquired a two-year post HND qualification working experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE). ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme depending on academic transcript and years of working experience.
- Diploma in Basic Education/3-year Post Secondary Teacher’s Cert ‘A’ holders are eligible to apply for degree programmes in Education.
- Baccalaureate (from French speaking countries), and other Foreign High School Diploma equivalent to WASSCE. Such certificates must be evaluated by the National Accreditation Board. Other International Students having equivalent qualifications may apply for admission. Foreign Certificates must receive authentication and equivalencies from the Ghana National Accreditation Board. Foreign students must translate their high school certificates/diplomas into English if they are not written in English.
- Applicants within the West African Examination Council zone, who do not offer Integrated Science, but may wish to apply for Science programmes are required to apply with four (4) Elective subjects (this should include the required grades in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or Elective Mathematics) for the fourth to be replaced as substitute for Integrated Science.
DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (GENERAL).
- SSSCE Holders.
- Six (6) Passes (A -D) in all subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- For areas of specialization (science programmes mostly), three (3) of the Passes must be in relevant subjects.
- WASSCE Holders.
- Six (6) Passes; (A1 – D7) in core subjects including English Language and Mathematics; and must possess a minimum of three (3) passes in elective subjects of which should be credit Passes (C6) or better.
- It must be noted, however, that certain courses may require credit passes (C6) or better in the core subjects, in other relevant courses, especially our science programmes.
Undergraduates Programmes In Valley View University.
- B.Ed Mathematics.
- B.Ed Social Studies.
- B.Ed Management.
- B.Ed Accounting.
- BSc Information Technology.
- BBA Marketing.
- BBA Human Resource Management.
For further information, you can visit their website at www.vvu.edu.gh.
I hope this article answered your question.
Click here to know Colleges Affiliated To UG.
Click Here to know more about the UG Department of English.
Ever heard about the University of Ghana Credit Union? Click Here to read more.
Read more about the University of Ghana Sports Directorate.
Check out Public Universities In Ghana.
Get to know Private Universities In Ghana.
Read about the Garden City University College.
Click Here to know how to apply to Central University.
Know more about Africa’s Finest Private University, Ashesi University.
Kindly note that this information will constantly be updated so keep visiting this page to read more.
Do not hesitate to use the comment space below if you have any questions or concerns about the recruitment.
Kindly stay tuned and share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading.