English Language Proficiency is the ability of Students to use the English language to make and communicate meaning in spoken and written contexts while completing their program of study.
The English Department of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology certifies graduates or individuals from the University that they possess the necessary English proficiency to pursue any career path or for schooling purposes.
Profieciency may also be needed for those applying for UK’s QTS and many other academic applications where one wants English exemption.
Below are the simple steps to follow to get your English proficiency certification from KNUST.
How to Apply for English Proficiency from KNUST
The following steps will take you through the application process at KNUST.
- Make the required payments at the Finance office of the new Social Science Complex located just after the School of Business.
- You will be required to pay GH 40.00 (subject to periodic reviews). A payment receipt or print out will be issued to you.
- Your school reference number will be required if it is not on your certificate or transcript (Take note, Not your index number)
- A copy of your transcript or a copy of your certificate should be attached to the payment receipt
- Submit your payment receipt and the attached certificate to the English department ( Rm 20, 2nd floor, General Office of Social Science) of KNUST located at the Old Social Science Faculty Area.
- Write your contact number at the back of the Payment Receipt before submission.
- After submission, you will be required to write your personal details in a notebook provided at the General Office, Rm 20, Old Social Science Block.
- Proficiency is usually issued three clear working Days after you submit the payment receipt and the attachment ( either the transcript or the copy of a certificate)
Hope this article was helpful to you. Kindly help us to share.