Knust online Application
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up Programs of Study at the University for the 2022/2023 Academic Year are now on sale.
Table of Contents
Undergraduate Applicants (Regular)
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up Programs of Study at the University for the 2022/2023 Academic Year are open. Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2022 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
2. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
3. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
4. FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
5. Applicants from French speaking Countries must in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement provide a minimum of one-year English Proficiency Certificate.
Points of Sale: All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Offices
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE
- Ghanaian Applicants – GH¢ 240.00.
- Foreign Applicants – USD 150.00.
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THE GHANA POST OFFICES or dial *447*160# on ALL NETWORKS and follow the prompts.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE AT (HERE!) AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2022, except for MATURE APPLICANTS WHO ARE TO SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2022.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
All Postgraduate Applicants
Applications for admission to Postgraduate degree programs of the University through Regular & Distance Learning Modesor the 2022/2023 Academic Year. (CEMBA/CEMPA/MSc/MFA/MA/MCOMM/MBA/EMBA/MPA/MPH/LLMM PHARMMMPhilLPh.D.D) are open. Deadline: Saturday, December 31, 2022.
The Institute of Distance Learning (IDL), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, informs the general public that Application Forms for admission into the following Postgraduate, Undergraduate (Top-up), and Diploma programs of the University through the Distance Learning Mode for the 2022/2023 Academic Year, are now on sale. Applicants are requested to CAREFULLY READ the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS before selecting the program of choice.
GRADUATE APPLICANTS (IDL)
The Institute of Distance Learning (IDL), KNUST wishes to inform prospective applicants and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to Undergraduate (Top-Up) and Diploma Programs of the University through the Distance Learning Mode for the 2022/2023 Academic Year are open. Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
General Admission Requirements
- Masters Programmes
At the time of application, applicants should possess Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution in the relevant field of study. Preference will be given to applicants with FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS (UPPER DIVISION)
- PhD Programmes
Candidates applying for Doctor of Philosophy degree must have an MPhil degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution and shall submit evidence of adequate training and ability to undertake the proposed programme.