Over 500,000 students to get SHS placement Friday – MoE PRO
By the end of this week hopefully, on Friday, over 500,000 students who sat for the 2021 edition of the BECE will get placement into various public second cycle schools, the spokesperson for the Ministry of Education (MoE) has said.
In a discussion monitored by EducationWeb, Kwasi Kwarteng said his outfit, the management of the computer school system (CSSPS) and Ghana Education Service (GES) have put in place measures to ensure smooth school posting.
“Parents should remain calm, the computer school placement by end of this week hopefully Friday will be out for every student to check his or her school,” the Education Ministry spokesman told Accra-based radio station on Wednesday.
Explaining this year’s placement process, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) said students who will not be automatically placed by the computer system will have the opportunity to select their preferred school depending on their grade.
“We have a self, automatic and manual placement. For candidates who will not be placed automatically we urge them to take advantage of the self-placement module and get posting to any of the schools available,” Kwarteng noted.
A total of 572,167 prospective candidates made up of 287,730 boys and 284,437 girls partook in last year’s BECE for School. Among the registered candidates, 61 had visual impairment and 321 were identified with hearing impairment.
The management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on February 28, 2022, released the provisional results of the public and private Junior High School (JHS) students who sat for the national examination in 2021.
In a blog post sighted by EducationWeb, WAEC said the subject results of 138 candidates have been cancelled for the offence of either bringing in foreign materials into the examination hall or colluding with other candidates.
“The scripts of candidates from 24 schools in certain subjects are undergoing scrutiny. The withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of investigations,” it said late February this year.