Table of Contents
The Ministry of Health seeks to improve the health status of all people living in Ghana thereby contributing to Government’s vision of universal health coverage and a healthy population.
Nursing And Midwifery Training Colleges Admission Application normally opens in May and closes in July to pave way for interviews across the various nursing institutions across the country.
In 2022, the admission portal was opened on May 16, 2022. It is expected that this year, the admission process will be opened around the same period.
The portal was closed on July ending to allow for interviews of applicants for placement decision.
Application vouchers will be out in May 2023 at the following Banks
- Agricultural Development Bank
- GCB Bank
Interviews will be conducted in July, 2023
- Interview days will be sent to qualifying students
- Interview result published on portal
Admissions letters will be issued in August, 2023
- Admission letters will be sent to qualifying students
- Payment fees to confirm acceptance of admission
How To Apply
Applicants could purchase vouchers from the designated banks and apply via the Portal
- Purchase a voucher for 200GH from GCB or ADB (could change for 2023/2024)
- Visit ‘healthtraining.gov.gh’
- Click on apply located on top of this page
- Enter serial and pin found on voucher
- Fill form with your details
- Attach certificate/s and photo
- Submit and print-out application summary
- Regularly check your application status with pin and serial.
After Admission What Next?
- Confirm invitation and attend interview
- Check interview result
- Check and print out offer letter
- Confirm Admission Fee
- Pay at designated bank
- Report to college
- Report to school on time
- Attend classes
- Take part in quizzes and exams
- Pass your clinicals
- Pass final exams
WHAT ABOUT APPLICANTS WITH F9?
Nurses training schools do not accept F9 in the Required Subjects. Applicants must possess at least 5 credit passes in not more than two sittings in stipulated subjects. It is however possible for D7 to E8 to be accepted to study Community Health Nursing which is a two years certificate course.