The University of Ghana offers its applicants a wide range of different courses or programs in diverse fields of study. The University frequently updates its courses to meet the prevalent demands of students and to improve upon and maintain their outstanding marks in the Ghanaian Tertiary Education and the World at large. The University of Ghana’s academic Programs are categorized under :
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
- POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS
- MODULAR OR SANDWICH PROGRAMS
- DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
- POST- FIRST DEGREE LAW
LEGON MASTERS PROGRAMS DURATION
The University of Ghana’s academic programs includes a two(2) years Master’s Program or a duration of (3)three years Part-time.
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA MASTERS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
At the time of application, applicants are expected to possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution in the relevant field of study. Preference will be given to applicants with FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS (UPPER DIVISION). It is very important that Post Graduate students, who wish to have their master’s degree at the University of Ghana, keep track of the amount paid as the tuition fees for the master’s program to adequately prepare before applying for postgraduate admission at the University of Ghana.
The fees paid by the Ghanaian (Local) and Foreign post Graduate students seeking to have their master’s degree at the University of Ghana Legon are critically and thoroughly discussed in this article. A Master’s is an advanced degree conferred by universities worldwide for the completion of graduate study in a specific discipline Masters’ degree programs typically take one to two years to complete and further prepare graduates for a career in their chosen field.
Obtaining a Masters’ degree offers numerous professional, personal and academic benefits to students who have graduated from a Bachelor’s program in any academic field of study. Master’s degrees are available across various fields of study, including the Arts, Business, Engineering and Technology, Law, Humanities, Social Sciences, Biological and Life Sciences, and the Natural Sciences.
Within each of those fields of study, numerous practical specializations are available within particular disciplines.
PROVISIONAL FEES FOR THE MASTER’S PROGRAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
- MSc Actuarial Science – GHS 4,971.50 per semester
- Other Non-Business Programs – GHS 4,573.50 per semester
- Business School Programs – GHS 16,820.00 (GHS 8410.00 per semester)
PROVISIONAL FEES – INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- MSc. Actuarial Science West African Nationals – $2,733.00 per semester
- Other African Nationals – $3476.00 per semester
- Non-African Nationals – $4,589.00 per semester
- Business School Programs Foreign, Ecowas, and other Africans – $7,400 for the year ($ 3,700 per sandwich semester)
- Other Non-Business Programs for International Applicants West African Nationals – $2,424.00 per semester
Other African Nationals – $3,042.00 per semester
- Non-African Nationals – $3,970.00 per semester