71 Students receive scholarships

Aker Energy has awarded full scholarships worth GH¢3,164,000 to 71 students to pursue various courses at tertiary institutions across the country.

Known as the Aker Inspire Scholarship Programme (AISP), the scholarship targets brilliant students from low-income households mainly from the coastal districts in the Western Region where its exploration, development and production activities are based.

The scholarship covers full tuition and lodging fees, a laptop for academic work, semester stipend, student development programmes including career and skills training, internship opportunities where possible and mentoring.

Commitment of Aker

Commenting on the initiative, the Chief Executive Officer of Aker Energy Ghana Limited, Mrs Kadijah Amoah, noted that “as an organisation, we are committed to building the capacity of the Ghanaian to fill critical skills gaps. We are pleased that majority of the beneficiaries will be pursuing courses in science, technology, engineering and mathematics as well as a variety of other programmes in Ghanaian tertiary institutions. This is a further demonstration of our commitment to Ghana which remains unwavering even before we commence oil production.”

From an initial pilot of 20 beneficiaries, the AISP is now a fully-fledged scholarship programme extending to 51 more brilliant students who will have the opportunity to pursue their dream of tertiary education fully funded by Aker Energy and its licensed partners, Lukoil Overseas, Ghana Tano Limited, the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation and Fueltrade Limited.

“I have been touched by some of the personal stories of these beneficiaries. Like Sandra, who was forced into street hawking to take care of her sick mother and physically challenged father, Francis, who worked as a driver’s mate to support his family, and Christina who did not let her disability get in the way of her education, we are confident they will justify the investment,” Mrs Amoah said.

Access to tertiary education

She explained that the AISP was designed to help improve access to tertiary education for Ghanaians, adding that the AISP replaced the Aker Energy Senior High School Scholarship programme which gave more than 1,000 senior high school students the opportunity to attend a school of their choice, fully funded.

The AISP reserves 90 per cent of places for beneficiaries from coastal districts in the Western Region with the remaining 10 per cent reserved for other regions in the country.

At least 45 per cent of the beneficiaries are female.

source: graphic.com.gh

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Interwin Slot Deposit Qris Tanpa Potongan 2024 Sweet Bonanza 1000 INTERWIN Slot Demo Gratis Sweet Bonanza 1000 Terbaru Interwin Daftar Slot188 Terbaru Gampang Maxwin CHERRY188 Daftar isport365 Situs Slot Depo Pulsa Tanpa Potongan Terbaik Daftar Slot Star Win88 Terbaik Rekomendasi Slot88 Win & Starwin88 Slot SLOT INTERWIN DEPOSIT QRIS TANPA POTONGAN Situs Slot Online Server UG slot deposit kripto usdt slot deposit qris gacor 2024 UG Slot88 Server Resmi UG 2024 Terbaik Situs Slot UG Server Ultimate Gaming Asli Info Cara Maxwin Bermain Slot Gacor Liga Slot Gacor Terupdate 2024 - Liga Slot Hari Ini Situs Slot Server UG Pasti JP - Gampang Raih Jp & Maxwin di UG Slot Cheat Slot 2024 - Bandar Slot Pasti Rungkat Agen Slot Gampang Maxwin - Slot Bocor Anti Sedot Wc Daftar Situs Judi Slot Terbaru Gampang Maxwin 2024 Portal Bandar Slot Gacor 2024 Tempatnya para bandar slot gacor 2024 jackpotslot.website Interwin Slot