GNAT Elects new National Executive Officers – Check Certified Results.
The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) has elected new Executive Officers at its 2022 National Delegates Conference to run the affairs of the Association for the next four (4) years.
The Executive Officers were elected by Delegates at the 6th Quadrennial National Delegates Conference on 7th January, 2022 at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
The Conference which was scheduled from 2nd January, 2022 to 9th January, 2022 saw in attendance Delegates and Observers across the GNAT Administrative Districts and Regions of Ghana.
READ MORE: GNAT National Delegates Conference petitioned
The National GNATEC announced the election results as followed.
*GNAT NATIONAL ELECTIONS TODAY @ KUMASI (CERTIFIED RESULTS GNAT “EC”)*
Out of 651 Delegates *636 voted.*
1. Frank Otoo = *02*
2. Bismark Owusu – Darko = *00*
3. Tachie Prosper = *288* Run off
4. John Baptist = *01*
5. Charles Akrowey = *96*
6. Kadu Matthew Dowoli = *00*
7. Isaac Owusu = *248* Run off
1. Rev. Francis Kwame Apraku = *05*
2. Bruce Senam McBrian = *15*
3. Lucy Amanda Asamoah = *343*
4. Evans Tetteh Tamatey = *273*
1. Ferguson Kwame Atseku = *146*
2. Marian Mami Ahiney Kwatetso Cobblah = *203* Run off
3. Samuel Appiah = *29*
4. Ransford Kofi Nsiah Lolih = *256* Run off.
1st NATIONAL TRUSTEE.
1. John Owusu Mensah = *372*
2. Atta Nanqueya Longiya = *264*
2nd NATIONAL TRUSTEE.
1. Philip Obornie = *23*
2. Eureka Donudenu Abbey = *232* Run off
3. Mercy Nabia Sagbil = *162* Run off
4. Lawrence Edem Tsohe = *05*
5. Michael Siedu = *14*
6. Dumong Solomon Labinin = *79*
7. Emmanuel Kofi Adonu = *03*
8. Godwin Yaw Andam = *117*
(President, Treasurer, 2nd National Trustee).
Per GNAT constitution one has to attain 50% +1 win in the elections.
According to the GNAT constitution, one has to abstain at least 319 votes representing 50% plus one votes to be declared a winner in an election. But, none of the Presidential Candidates, National Treasurer candidates, and 2nd National Trustee candidates met the threshold.
With this, GNATEC has conducted runoffs for the candidates to determine a winner.
The table below is the outcome of the runoffs.
RESULTS FOR RUNOFFS
S/N NAME VOTES OBTAINED
NATIONAL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES
1 TACHIE PROSPER 318
2 REV. ISAAC OWUSU 321
1 MARIAN MAMI AHINEY KWATETSO COBBLAH 273
2 RANSFORD KOFI NSIAH LOLIH 365
2ND NATIONAL TRUSTEE
1 EUREKA DONUDENU ABBEY 314
2 MERCY NABIA SAGBIL 324
After the runoffs, GNATEC has declared the following as the newly elected National Executive Officers of GNAT.
ELECTED NATIONAL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
S/N NAME POSITION
1 REV. ISAAC OWUSU PRESIDENT
2 LUCY AMANDA ASAMOAH VICE PRESIDENT
3 RANSFORD KOFI NSIAH LOLIH TREASURER
4 JOHN OWUSU MENSAH 1ST NATIONAL TRUSTEE
5 MERCY NABIA SAGBIL 2ND NATIONAL TRUSTEE
According to the GNATEC of GNAT, the total number of delegates that qualified to vote in this election is 653. But, the number of delegates who took part in the election were 639.