How to check BECE placement
Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) is a placement initiative by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates into various Senior High School, Technical Institutes and Vocational Institutions
How to check BECE placement
When the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) releases Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) results for school candidates, it paves the way for candidates to check their placement to ascertain which senior high school have they been placed.
Placement related challenges could be challenging for candidates who dont know how to go about it.
How To Confirm BECE Placement
We have outlined below simple steps to help you check your BECE placement on the Computerized School Selection and Placement System.
How To Check BECE Placement – 2022
The following checks will be helpful
1. Visit the portal www.cssps.org
2. You should have placement checker voucher before visiting the portal. You could buy through MTN Mobile Money by selecting “Buy Voucher” option
3. Click “Check Placement” option on the portal.
4. Enter the BECE index number and the year of completion. For instance, if your index number is 000000000 and you wrote the BECE in 2021, then you have to enter 00000000021.
5. After that enter serial number and pin on the e-voucher you purchased online.
6. Click “Submit” to see SHS School placement.
How to do BECE self placement
There are many individuals who may not be placed in any school. Such candidates have no need to worry as they have the opportunity opportunity to self place themselves in any Senior High School of their choice. Even though the the available schools on the portal may not meet the expectations of individuals, it is still a better option because candidates can have the luxury of selecting the school of their choice without any hustle. Those who access the self placement portal on time are able to or early enough could be lucky to have some good schools still available on the portal.
To do so, follow the steps below.
1. Visit www.cssps.gov.gh
2. Select the option “Check Placement” to continue the process
3. Enter your e-voucher pin and serial number
4. The System will direct you to the self-placement module. Individuals will have to select from a list of schools, their preferred Senior High School.
5. Proceed to Click on confirm and print.
Using Mobile Phone to Check BECE Placement Results
There are other suggested methods of checking BECE placement which includes the use of mobile phones. One can dial *447*160# to get your placement on your phone.
BECE Candidates can just text their 10-Digit Index Number to short code 1060 to ascertain schools they chose when the it is finally out or released.
If your index number is 000000000, text that index numnber to short code 1060 on all networks.