The Kwame Nkrumah University of science and Technology medical school, is a school under the College of Health Sciences.
The strategic mandate of the College of Health Sciences is derived from the Act establishing the University, which essentially is to provide higher education in health sciences, undertake research, disseminate knowledge and foster collaboration with major stakeholders.
Also the school of health Sciences strives to be a preferred destination for teaching, research, professional and entrepreneurial training in health sciences for sustainable development of Ghana and the rest of Africa.
The College of Health Sciences was established in line with the collegiate system and runs a three tier system. It emerged from the former Faculty of Pharmacy and the School of Medical Sciences. The College has three schools and two faculties, with over twenty Departments and a Research Centre.
Table of Contents
DEPARTMENTS UNDER THE KNUST MEDICAL SCHOOL
- Department of Basic Medical Science
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Molecular Medicine
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Medical Microbiology
- Department of Behavioural Sciences
- Division of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Eye, Ear, nose and Throat
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Child Health
- Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Department of Community Health
- Department of Radiology and
- Centre for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies
- Adult Oral Health
- Basic and Diagnostic Oral Health Science
- Child Oral Health and Orthodontics
- Community Dentistry
- Maxillofacial Sciences
BELOW IS THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR KNUST MEDICAL SCHOOL
Candidates must possess passes in Three (3) Core subjects at SHS Level OR
Applicants with the following qualifications can apply to study Medicine at Knust;
- WASSCE or SSCE Applicants
- O Level and A Level Applicants
- Matured Applicants
Integrated Science, Mathematics and English Language AND passes in Three (3) Elective subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are the basic requirements to gain admission into the knust medical school.
CUT-OFF POINT FOR KNUST MEDICAL SCHOOL
Also it is very much important to note or to take into consideration in the process of your admission application that every University has a cut-off point for the Medical school programs.
Therefore, the cut off point for studying Medicine at KNUST is aggregate 7 (seven).
Does KNUST do medicine?
What subjects are best for medicine?
Do you need physics for medical school?