The first phase of the 2022 edition of the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination is scheduled to take place in March according to the National Teaching Council (NTC).
However, the NTC is yet to open the GTLE registration portal for interested persons who likes to obtain the NTC provisional license to register.
The delay, however has putted Na lot of interested persons into a state of dilemma.
Officials of the Council says, the delay in the opening of the registration portal is due to some changes and other measures the council are putting up to eradicate all kind of challenges.
“The registration portal will be opened very soon to allow all interested and qualified persons to register for the upcoming GTLE”.
“The date for the first phase of the 2022 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination might change due to the delay”, he added.
According to the Council, some changes have been made on their online registration platform. The council this time around has made it clear that before the portal will be opened for registration, a confirmation portal will be opened for all prospective candidates to confirm their details before registration begins.
How To Check Your Status On The NTC GTLE Confirmation Portal
1. Click on exams.ntc.gov.gh to visit the NTC GTLE portal.
2. Click on Confirmation Status
3. Enter your Institution Name and Index Number
4. Click on Confirm to check your status
Responding to the new reforms that was mentioned during the February 2022 stakeholders engagement as to whether the caused of the delay, the officials noted that Candidates were able to pass through teacher education programmers successfully and yet are unable to pass basic skills in numeracy, literacy and essential professional skills remains unanswered.
“This worrying situation has featured persistently in every GTLE Awards Committee meeting”.
Some of the reasons adduced for this worrying occurrence are;
- Poor entry qualification
- Poor alignment between teacher education courses and the GTLE
- Inadequate preparation of students in line with the national teachers’ standards and the national teacher education curriculum framework
These have necessitated the need for some reforms in the GTLE.
Hence the NTC intends to introduce proficiency test in the form of subject and level-based test. This test will help obviate some alignment issues between the GTLE and the teacher education curricula.
- FEES FOR GTLE 2022 REGISTRATION
1. Fresh Candidates- Ghc 280.00
2. RESIT- ( One Paper) – Ghc 150.00
3. RESIT- ( Two Papers)- Ghc 250.00
4. RESIT- ( Three Papers) – Ghc 280.00