The National Teaching Council has outlined a total of twenty-one (21) Mandatory CPD Courses for all In-Service Teachers in the Ghana Education Service (GES).
According to NTC, each course carries five (5) CPD points. Every teacher is expected to select and attend training on three of the under-listed courses within the three years CPD cycle.
The expected mode of training include: PLC (CBI or SBI) and CoP (DBI or Duty Based Training) or Demand driven training.
How to register for National Teaching Council (NTC) License
Below are the twenty-one (21) Mandatory CPD Courses.
1. National Policy on Education
2. History of Education in Ghana
3. Teacher Education in Ghana, Past, Present and Future
4. Sociology of Education
5. Professionalization of Teaching in Ghana
GES outlines five top rules for teachers against child labour in schools
6. Citizenship Education
7. Education Law (Act)
8. Educational Psychology
9. Guidance and Counselling
10. Curriculum Development
11. Instructional Methods
12. Information and Communication Technology
13. Instructional Communication, Language and Communication Skills
14. Classroom Based Assessment
15. Action Research and Reflective Practice.
Categories of Teachers to be Licensed by National Teaching Council
16. Educational Leadership and Management
17. Professional Ethics
18. Education of Persons with Special Needs/Inclusive Education
19. Subject Content and Methodology (e.g. challenging topics)
20. Micro Teaching/Teaching Practicum/mentoring practices
21. Social Dialogue.