Being one of Ghana’s and Africa’s finest university, the University of Cape Coast is a centre of excellence and quality education.
Since the School of Graduate Studies and Research creation in 2008, the university has trained thousands of students in different Masters programmes.
Aside the training, the university cooperates with other like-minded institutions to give the graduate students more exposure, especially in the competitive job market.
University of Cape Coast has forty-six(46) graduate programmes which has been spread across to the six colleges.
Most of their graduate courses are in the Education and Business field as they are easier to be taught and learnt.
Distance Learning Centres makes this easier as most masters students are already building a budding career either in education or business.
Only a few are regular students; these ones take the course in any of the UCC main campuses.
UCC has a specific admission requirements for all its post-graduate degrees.
To qualify for any of its programmes, you must:
- Be a first class or second class degree holder from UCC or any recognised university or institution.
- For international student, you must have a certificate which is equal to a degree.
- You must pass an interview if you have a second class (lower division) or a pass degree.
- Having working experiences boost your chances of being selected.
HOW TO APPLY.
To apply for University of Cape Coast masters programme,
- You must first buy an e-voucher.
You can buy the E-voucher from the following places:
- UCC Cash Office. The Cash Office only accepts cash.
- The University of Cape Coast Office in Tesano, Accra. Payments must be made through GCB, Kaneshie Industrial Area Branch.
- UCC’s Distance Education Study Centres.
- Ghana Postal office, you can get one after paying through a Postal Order.
- All Ghana Commercial Bank branches.
Irrespective of where you gets it, the vouchers cost GH¢ 320 for Ghanaians.
For international applicants, the voucher costs $100. You must email the university through firstname.lastname@example.org
for further guidance.
The next step is to Fill in the application forms.
You will get the application forms at any UCC office after paying for the E-voucher.
You can mail the forms, together with your certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents to;
The Deputy Registrar,
School of Graduate Studies.
You can call the office at (03321) 32480 for further details.
UCC DISTANCE MASTERS PROGRAMME FEES.
Masters programmes have peculiar modes of teaching.
UCC has different fee arrangements for each degree.
For fresher students in this field, the fee may range from GHC4,000 to GHC 10,000 per academic year.
UCC Masters programmes fees for students under Sandwich studies range from GHC4,000 to GHC 5,500 depending on the course of study.
The fees minimises as the students advance to the second academic year.
In an earlier post, I wrote about the Masters courses available for you in UCC.
You can check it out here https://raphsark.com/mphil-programmes-in-ucc/
I hope you got value.
Stay tune to our blog for more updates from the University of Cape Coast.
If you have any questions, you can drop them in the comment section.
Thanks for reading.