Kessben College will provide a conducive environment for teaching, research, entrepreneurship, and community service geared towards the socio-economic development of society. KUC will also promote innovative and multi-disciplinary and integrated approaches to problem-solving and will be an equal-opportunity employer as it seeks to recruit and retain high-caliber staff and students.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR FRESHERS
Admission of WASSCE, SSSCCE, and GBCE candidates to first-degree programs are three (3) credit passes in core subjects and three credit passes in three relevant elective subjects as indicated below:
|D||C4 – C6||D||Credit|
NB: In line with (KNUST’s (our mentoring institution’s) entry requirement, Social Studies will not be accepted as an entry requirement or substitute for Integrated Science even with non-science programs.
General Entry Requirements
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
2. GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
3. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or it’s equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained not more than Three (3) years ago.
4. ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus three optional subjects relevant to the program of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and Three (3) Elective Subjects or credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
5. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
6. HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
Only students who duly satisfy the entry requirements of their program of study can be admitted to the College. Any student who falsifies his/her results for admission would be withdrawn immediately after it is detected.