YLAI Fully Funded Exchange Program in USA – 2023
The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) is a Program that empowers entrepreneurs and innovative civil society leaders to strengthen capacity and advance their entrepreneurial ideas to contribute to social and economic development in their communities and region.
Since the initiative’s launch in 2015, more than 1,000 YLAI Fellows from Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean have expanded their leadership and entrepreneurial experience through fellowships at businesses and organizations across the United States. Through the YLAI Entrepreneurship Institute and the individualized Fellowships, YLAI Fellows have accelerated their commercial and social ventures’ success and developed specific action plans to carry out upon return to their home countries. YLAI Fellows built networks, linkages, and lasting partnerships to attract investments and support for their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Host Country: United States
- Organization: YLAI
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th February 2023
YLAI Fellowship will cover all the expenses as this is a fully funded exchange program.
- No application fees.
- J-1 visa support.
- Round trip travel from home country to US and vice versa.
- 4 weeks of professional placement with the host organization.
- Health benefit support.
- Housing stipend.
- Meal stipend.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be between 25 to 35 years old by January 1, 2024
- Reside or be a citizen in one of the eligible participating countries
- Qualify for a U.S. J-1 visa
- Demonstrate a successful track record in business or social ventures for at least two years
- Not be a U.S. government employee
- Not have U.S. residency or citizenship
- Possess proficient English language skills (reading, speaking, and writing)
- Individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
- The program is open to all, without discrimination based on age, sex, religion, nationality, etc.
The selection criteria for the program include:
- Relevant professional experience and expertise
- A dedication to making a positive impact in your country
- A strong commitment to growing your business
- Alignment of your goals with the program’s objectives
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
* In the specific cases of residency in Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten, citizenship in the Netherlands is accepted
How to Apply Online
To participate in the 2024 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative, applicants must:
- Submit their application through the designated application portal.
- Complete all questions in the English language.
- Thoroughly review their application form before submitting it.
- The Link to the official website is given below.
VISIT HERE TO APPLY FOR YLAI USA 2023