The Ghana Coat Of Arms.
The Ghana Coat Of Arms.
www.http://britannica.com defines Coat of Arms as the principal part of a system of hereditary symbols dating back to early medieval Europe, used primarily to establish identity in battle.
Arms evolved to denote family descent, adoption, alliance, property ownership, and, eventually, profession.
The Ghana Coat of Arms is composed of a shield, divided into four quarters by a green St. George’s Cross, rimmed with gold.
The Ghana Coat of Arms is found on all government official letterheads.
It symbolises government official sanction and it has found important Government places like the castle, the Courts and government offices.
Who Designed The Ghana Coat of Arms?
The Coat of Arms of Ghana was designed by Ghanaian renowned artist, Nii Amon Kotei and was introduced on 4th March, 1957.
Symbols And Meanings.
The following are the symbols in the quarters and their meanings.
- Crossed linguist staff and ceremonial swords on a blue background represent Local Administration.
Position: Top left-hand quarter.
- A heraldic castle on a heraldic scene with a light blue background represents the National Government.
Place: Top right-hand quarter.
- A Cocoa Tree represents the Agricultural wealth of the country.
Position: Bottom left-hand quarter.
- A Mine Shaft represents the mineral wealth of the country.
Rank: Bottom right-hand quarter.
- A Gold Lion represents the continued link between Ghana and the Commonwealth(Colonial Masters; British).
Position: In the centre of the green St. George’s Cross.
- Black five-pointed star rimmed with gold standing on the wreath of red, gold and green colours represents the lodestar of African Freedom.
Level: Surmounting (On top of) the shield.
- Two Eagles, around each of whose neck hangs a black star suspended from a ribbon of Ghana colours – red, gold and green denotes a protector with strength, very clear and attentive eyes keeping watch over the country.
Position: Supporting the shield (Coat of Arms).
- The motto FREEDOM AND JUSTICE can be found under the shield.
I hope this article answered your question.
Click here to know Colleges Affiliated To UG.
Check out BA Courses In Legon, BA In Education Courses and City Campus.
Click Here to know more about the UG Department of English.
Ever heard about the University of Ghana Credit Union? Click Here to read more.
Read more about the University of Ghana Sports Directorate.
Check out Public Universities In Ghana.
Get to know Private Universities In Ghana.
Read about the Garden City University College.
Click Here to know how to apply to Central University.
Know more about Africa’s Finest Private University, Ashesi University.
Click Here to know more about Pentecost University.
Check out the Dominion University College.
How well do you know Takoradi Technical University? Find out Here.
Read more about Ghana’s Premier Technical University, Accra Technical University.
Click Here to know more about Sunyani Technical University.
No knowledge is a waste right? Click here to know about Technical Universities In Ghana.
What do you know about Ho Technical University?
Check out Bolgatanga Technical University.
Kindly note that this information will constantly be updated so keep visiting this page to read more.
Do not hesitate to use the comment space below if you have any questions or concerns about the recruitment.
Kindly stay tuned and share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading.